- Annual Reports
- Internet Criminal History Access Tool
- Parent GCN Training Modules
- Job Opportunities
- LCS Staff Directory
- Special Education Information
Blue Devil Dash
The 13th Annual Blue Devil Dash
Sponsored by Lawton PTO
WHAT IS THE BLUE DEVIL DASH?
- The BDD is a fundraiser for the PTO and a way to encourage fitness among our elementary students.
- All elementary school students and their teachers participate.
- Students will collect monetary pledges, and in return, they will run or walk laps around the track at the Lawton High School on September 30th. If it rains, we have an alternate Dash date of October 1st.
WHAT ARE THE GOALS OF THE DASH?
- To raise the funds needed to maintain and support the PTO! 100% of the proceeds goes directly to the PTO. The PTO uses these funds to support programs at LES such as: teacher requests, new technologies, playground equipment, The Kalamazoo Symphony Orchestra, school t-shirts, KISS Day, Spring Carnival, school incentive
days, and more!
- To include the Lawton Elementary community in a fitness awareness event.
- With your help we hope to make this the ONLY PTO fundraiser for the entire school year.
WHAT DO THE CHILDREN DO FOR THE BLUE DEVIL DASH?
- Have a TON OF FUN!
- Use their pledge form to collect money for their school.
- Run/walk as many laps as possible on Dash Day (09/30/21). The Dash will be held at the Lawton High School Track. All pledge forms and money are due on or before BDD!
- All students participate whether or not they have collected any pledges.
- Each class will have a scheduled time to walk/run.
- Join us for The Dash and cheer your child on!
- All students participating in the dash are encouraged to wear their favorite blue and gold ensemble!
WHAT DO THE CHILDREN GET FROM PARTICIPATING IN THE DASH?
- Every student has a chance to win fabulous prizes... details attached!
- Every student receives a snack on Dash Day.
- Understanding how important and FUN exercise can be!
- PRIDE in themselves for completing a goal and PRIDE in their school and community!!!
WHAT ABOUT PLEDGES?
- Start collecting pledges now! Use the attached form; sign up friends & family to sponsor your child on the walk/run.
- Sponsors are asked to pledge a flat amount.
- Please do not allow your children to go door-to-door alone to solicit pledges.
- Accumulated pledges of $25.00 per student will achieve our goal.
- If your family prefers not to solicit pledges for this fundraiser, please consider making a donation (tax deductible).
- Pledge forms AND money must returned to the teacher by September 30th or before. Please note we do have online pay options that are outlined on a separate page.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THE EVENT?
- Each child receives an envelope with their name on it and how many laps they completed. It will show the total dollar amount your child should collect from his/her sponsors.
- Students should now collect their pledges. Make checks payable to Lawton Parent Teacher Organization.
- All students should return their envelopes to their teachers by Friday, October 18th.
** DOCUMENTS AND SCHEDULE FOR BLUE DEVIL DASH:
- 2021 Dash informational flyer & run schedule
- Prizes available
- Pledge form
- Volunteer form
- I-Chat form
- Online pledge donation
If you have any questions about the Blue Devil Dash in general, please contact
Chairperson: Cheryl Modderman
Should the “Dash” be rained out … The event will be held Monday, October 1st … Cross your fingers for good weather!!!
All students will be outdoors running with their classmates – Please dress them appropriately.
Parent volunteers are needed to help manage the activity and direct students.